As the holiday season rapidly approaches, we’re sure you have a plethora of things to accomplish before the big days come. Your head is probably being slammed with thoughts about food, drink, gifts, fashion and what you should wear for your holiday card photo shoot. Luckily for you City Paper has produced the ultimate holiday guide to answer every one of those questions and more. As you peruse these pages, we’re sure you’ll get an idea or two to help make your holiday — regardless of which one you celebrate — more enjoyable.
Food & Drink
- Culinary traditions are a big part of holiday celebrations
- Explore different holidays and customs at your holiday dessert table
- Culinary delights for the vegetarians around your holiday table
- For those looking to raise a pint of holiday beer this season, the choices are nearly endless
- Nothing says holiday cheer like a pot of mulled wine
- Pittsburgh bartenders share their favorite holiday cocktails
- 5 festive food and drink recipes from Pittsburgh's top spots (Sponsored)
- The most thoughtful holiday gifts are the ones you make yourself.
- Where to buy Pittsburgh-specific gifts that aren’t made in China
- 18 local gift ideas from our Holiday Guide magazine (Sponsored)
- Supporting the small businesses that support non-Christmas holidays
- Explore the region’s business districts to shop small.
- 5 local creative businesses for the DIY enthusiast (Sponsored)
- Want the perfect holiday card? Lose those Steelers jerseys and dial back the creepy
- Leave the red and green at home and wear something sparkly this holiday season
- Three steps to build your own ugly holiday sweater
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra marks another year of Holiday Pops
- Spice up your holiday gift giving with a Dirty Santa Party
- Ultimate Holiday Playlist by Pittsburgh Artists
- Film Festivus: Readers and Pittsburgh City Paper staffers give a shout out to their favorite holiday flicks