Occupy Pittsburgh: Ongoing Coverage
This is our online clearinghouse for coverage of the Occupy Pittsburgh demonstration taking place on Mellon Green, Downtown. For instant updates concerning the occupation, follow us on Twitter.
If you have tips or suggestions for further coverage e-mail us or call editor Chris Potter at 412-316-3342, ext. 182.
Otherwise, follow the links below to see earlier stories about the ongoing demonstration.
The Occupation Continues: Ongoing coverage from Mellon Green -- and throughout the city
Occupation Day: Coverage of the Oct. 15 march and occupation
Pre-occupation: Coverage of the build-up to Oct. 15
- What did Mellon do to deserve an occupation? Quite a bit, maybe (Oct. 14, 2011): A look at controversial business practices of the Occupy Pittsburgh landlord
- Let the fear-mongering begin! Downtown braces for Occupy Pittsburgh (Oct. 14, 2011): Read the city's Homeland Security "threat assessment" for yourself! Become mired in confusion over a hacked Facebook account!
- Occupy Pittsburgh: The ball is in Mellon's court (Oct. 13, 2011): Will BNY Mellon, which owns the site of the occupation, allow it to take place?
- Occupy Pittsburgh news flash: Consensus process actually produces consensus (Oct. 13, 2011): Coverage of the third General Assembly, as plans begin, at last, to come togther
- Pre-Occupied Pittsburgh: A fledgling movement gets off to an uncertain start(Oct. 12, 2011): Full-length coverage of first two General Assemblies, and the perils and promise of governing by consensus
- Occupy Pittsburgh takes another step (Oct. 7, 2011): Coverage of the first General Assembly, with lengthy discussion of tactics and approach in comments section
- Organizers plan to bring Wall Street protest to Pittsburgh (Oct. 3, 2011): Advance notice of the first General Assembly